Drywall & Sheetrock® Textures, Repairs & Finishes
From repairing drywall holes, removing out-dated popcorn ceiling texture, to replacing entire Sheetrock® wall & ceiling sections, it's all related to a premium interior paint job. Eco Paint can handle all your drywall repair and finishing needs in the Denver, Colorado area.
There is a wide variety of drywall and Sheetrock® textures. Making repairs as similar as possible to that same finish, blending in, all being uniform.
Bringing the same attention to detail and quality service of interior drywall textures and repairs, as we do with our full line of Denver painting services.
Many interior paint jobs include some amount of drywall texture repairs, and it's same texture. Whether removing popcorn ceiling texture, updating a more modern look, or matching drywall textures from a repair, or damage to Sheetrock®.
Types Of Drywall Textures And Finishes
If your needing Knock-down, Orange Peel, Skip Trowel, Crows foot, Slick wall, Level 5 drywall finishes, Eco Paint has you covered. Matching drywall textures is an art, and Eco Paint has years of drywall repair experience.
Higher quality drywall patch, the better it has blended in, becoming part of the overall drywall surface.
Just about every home has some sort of drywall texture. Matching texture includes correct amount of drywall compound and water, giving the right consistency. Many other items are required getting texture finish looking right. These include the spray nozzle, air pressure, and hand tools giving that exact look and feel.
Drywall repairs are very common, owning a home. When hiring a paint contractor to paint entire interior, having one who's made numerous patches will save you much time & money. Being able to replace drywall, making any repairs needed, so the rest of your wall or ceiling looks the same.
Most common repairs evolve a doorknob going through the wall, or moving an electrical outlet. Many times installing new lighting, or electrical fixtures will need some sort of drywall repair.
Making these drywall fixes is a multi-step process. Taking only a few hours, but over several days. Cutting out damaged portion, installing new drywall piece. Skim coat mesh reinforcement to a smooth finish. Next day sanding dried drywall mud to a feather edge, looking if another skim coat is needed before texture is applied.
Keep in mind the area of texture normally requires 8-10 times larger than the actual repair being made. Reason for this, is feathering drywall texture to be as uniform as possible. Many times those not aware of this, try to patch only that exact area, never being uniform.
Main thing to remember is never getting in a hurry. All Purpose Drywall Compound normally dries over a 24 hour period. Turning white, it's hard enough to sand. Sanding drywall compound is mandatory, allowing another skim coat, or giving it matching texture.
Using either cupped drywall nails, or drywall screws meant to counter-sink below drywall surface. After all fasteners in place, it's time to skim over those areas, including all edges, over drywall tape. This tape is important, reinforcing those joint areas.
Popcorn Removal and Ceiling Textures
Eco Paint’s drywall and Sheetrock® specialists can give your ceiling a new uniform look, rejuvenating your home's appearance.
- To be floated or smoothed, and edges sanded, not having dimples, cracks, or ridges.
- Check area at low lighting and also at high at all different angles
- Last sanding should be wet sanded, giving the most smoothest finish
Drywall compound is a very porous, harden mud topping, very easily sand-able. This PVA flat primer seals properly, giving your final paint coat a much more even finish. Applying a flat sand-able primer, allowing you to correct any texture before final latex paint is applied.
Knowing your final paint coat is much harder to sand, and should never have to do. Main take-away is your primer is your walk-through card. After drywall primer is laid, you carefully inspect all topping compounds, before moving on to paint. This will limit any problems later.
- Interior drywall should have a PVA flat primer.
- PVA spread rate is much different than finish coat, in that PVA's cover normally twice as far, around 425 sq. ft. of surface per gallon. Apply just enough to seal new drywall from finish paints coat absorption.
- Conduct a walk-through after drywall primer, giving you time to correct before final paint coat.
- A higher quality Lamb's Wool Skin Cover will apply paint more evenly and heavier than an economically priced one will do.
- Keep roller strokes the same direction, as vertical as possible, keeping same pressure on roller when either rolling out or back rolling.
- Keep roller loaded with paint, not allowing to dry-roll out edges, unless your spot painting for touch-ups.
- Keep roller frame the same across the entire wall, never "Flipping" frame back and forth down the same wall when back rolling.
- Rolling out final coat or back rolling will provide surface uniformity, especially on a flat smooth Schedule 5 drywall finish, leaving a paint stipple.
- Dry time is important painting multiple coats, when a deep tint base paint is being used. Generally this time is about 2 hours at 70 degrees, so paint does not blister with added coat.
Contact Eco Paint's Denver painters and drywall experts for your interior drywall repair and popcorn removal and ceiling texture needs, and we will gladly provide you with a free estimate.
At Eco Paint, using only the best materials available to make sure the job is done right and ensuring your satisfaction. Did you know Eco Paint repairs and finishes drywall and Sheetrock® in Denver, Boulder, Aurora, and Colorado Springs? Providing this along with painting for the entire Denver Front Range.
We make it super easy to receive a paint quote, price, cost of painting today, with 3 easy Points of Contact.
- Can simply Click Here to fill out Contact Form, explaining your particular drywall & paint job, scheduling a Free Painting Quote.
- Or just Call Us Today to Schedule a Free, In Person, Paint Quote & Color Consultation, valued at $150.00! (720)409-1984 -or- (303)591-4978